Ribbon cutting, grand-opening, and ground breaking events are a great way to open a new business or a new location. These types of events offer you the opportunity to publicly thank your customers, financial backers, friends and family, and talk about your products and services. In addition, ceremonial events such as these allow you to introduce the community to your new location and familiarize the public with your product or service.
The New Albany Chamber of Commerce staff will:
- Send out an email to all our members inviting them to attend.
- Promote your event on www.newalbanycommunitycalendar.com.
- Announce your event in the monthly e-newsletter and social media.
- Send a chamber representative to attend your event. Please coordinate your date with the Chamber well in advance to avoid date and time conflicts.
- Invite the mayor and other VIP guests as appropriate.
- Provide the “giant scissors” and ribbon at the event … a great photo opportunity!
Tips on a successful event:
- Set the date and time of the event, and coordinate with Chamber staff.
- Send invitations three-to-six weeks before your event to your family, friends, and past, current and potential customers, business associates (including your accountant, banker, and property owner), suppliers, employees, the media, neighboring businesses, and government officials.
- Food and beverage is not required, but is a nice touch.
- Prepare a quick speech to welcome your guests and be sure to have plenty of brochures and business cards available. If appropriate, offer tours.
- Consider sending a press release to the local media.
To schedule your ribbon cutting, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (614) 855-4400.