Ribbon-cutting, groundbreaking and grand-opening events are a great way to open a new business or a new location. These types of events offer the opportunity to publicly thank your customers, financial backers, friends and family, and talk about your products and services. In addition, ceremonial events such as these allow you to:
- Introduce both the public and Chamber members to your new location
- Familiarize the public and Chamber members with your product/services
- Begin or build upon a customer base
- Generate leads and sales from attendees
The New Albany Chamber of Commerce can:
- Coordinate with the City of New Albany for the Mayor to attend and speak briefly.
- Coordinate with the Ohio Secretary of State to have a representative attend and present proclamation.
- Coordinate with the Ohio Senate and House to have your elected Senator and Representative invited.
- Invite Chamber members and local community business leaders to attend.
- Promote your event via chamber member and community email communication, website, NewAlbanyCommunityCalendar.com, and all social media channels.
- Have Chamber trustees, ambassadors and staff invited to attend your event. Provide the “giant scissors” and ribbon at the event…a great photo opportunity!
- Share photography and post your event’s photos on all Chamber social media channels.
Tips on a successful event:
- Coordinate with the Chamber to set the date and time of the event well in advance to avoid date and time conflicts.
- Send invitations to your clients, colleagues, family, friends, and past, current and potential customers, business associates (including your accountant, banker, and property owner), suppliers, employees, media, neighboring businesses and government officials three-to-six weeks before your event.
- Provide complimentary refreshments.
- Door prizes are not required but are a nice touch.
- Have plenty of brochures and business cards available. If appropriate, offer tours.
To schedule your ribbon cutting, contact the Chamber at (614) 855-4400.