New Albany Facebook Data Center $150,000 COVID Relief Fund for grants to small businesses
The Facebook Data Center Community COVID Relief Fund was created to provide immediate grants to qualifying small businesses impacted by COVID-19. The goal of these grants is to provide stop-gap relief quickly for eligible small businesses working to keep employees on board.
The New Albany Chamber of Commerce is proud to partner with Facebook and act as the fiscal agent for this fund, managing all contributions and grants. Facebook has provided $150,000 to start this fund which is open to additional contributions. A grant review committee will monitor the process of reviewing applications and awarding grants.
Eligible businesses may apply for a one-time grant up to $5,000. Awards greater than $5,000 may be considered for exceptional cases as determined by the Grant Review Committee.
- Business must have been impacted by the State of Ohio-mandated closures that began on March 15, 2020 due to COVID-19. Impacts may include the loss of employees or revenue.
- Business must have at least two but no more than 50 employees as of March 15, 2020.
- Business must be for profit; non-profit organizations are not eligible to apply.
- Business must be a member in good standing of the New Albany Chamber of Commerce or willing to join the chamber (entry-level annual membership dues are $200) upon receipt of a grant.
- Enhanced consideration will be given to businesses who support New Albany community organizations and philanthropic causes.
What can the grant money be used for?
- Lease or Mortgage Assistance: If applying for lease or mortgage assistance, proof of a lease or commercial mortgage with the monthly amount due shall be provided by the applicant.
- Operational Expenses: Examples include payroll, utilities, supplies, and maintenance and repairs.
- Unforeseen Expenses: Examples include the cost of conversion of products or services to meet the ODH health and safety requirements, development of new solutions to problems presented during the COVID-19 crisis, and the purchase of safety supplies such as masks, hand sanitizer, safety barriers, signage, and items to enforce physical distancing.
Complete and submit the grant application online starting Monday, May 15, 2020 at 8:00am through 5:00pm, Friday, May 29, 2020. Estimated completion time is 30-45 minutes. Be prepared to upload your W-9 and any other supporting documents.
Submitted information considered to be confidential or protected as a trade secret must clearly be marked as such. Grant award recipients will be announced Monday, June 12, 2020. Contact Cherie Nelson, New Albany Chamber, 614-855-4400 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The grant application period closed at 5:00pm on Friday, May 29.